Follow these instructions to set your default printing preferences for the new HP plotter. Then, when you select IPF-PDC-P-I103 from the printer list to print a drawing, it will default to the drawing size you want instead of letter (8.5x11) size.
1. Open the Devices and Printers from the start menu or control panel.
2. Right-Click on IPF-PDC-P-I103 on PPS-PRINTSRV.pplant.msu.edu and select Printing Preferences.
3. In the Paper Quality tab, select the Document Size you want as your default.
a. To get the architectural sized options, click more from the paper size list.
*Reference the Paper size Chart
if you are unsure of the letter to inches conversion.
4. In the Layout/Output tab, select the Resizing option and Orientation you want as your default.
5. In the Color tab, select the Color options you want as your default.
6. When you finished setting up your default printing preferences, click Apply, then click OK.
Optional Custom Named Sizes:
You can create custom named printing preference if you want to to have more familiar options in your list when printing. Repeat this for all custom print options you want to have.
- Select Custom in the Paper/Quality tab - Paper Options
- Name the option
- Click Save
- Click OK
- Remember to set all the correct options in the printing preferences tabs for custom print options.