If you use an IPF username to log into your computer and NOT your MSU net id. Stop and go here
These instructions are only for users that log into their IPF computer using their MSU net ID.
If you have a docked station that is currently not docked at IPF and you don't have access to remote into a desktop computer (no tower at your desk at work), you will not be able to access the Meridian desktop client without logging into one of the PDC rendering machines.
The instructions under 'option 2' below are for a temporary fix. Please remember there are only 2 of these rendering machines available. Please do your work quickly and then SIGN OUT so others can use them. We are working on a permanent solution and will let you all know when it is available.
If you have already logged in to the rendering machine to use Meridian (reminder: each rendering machine will have to be set up by you, so try to use the same one you set up if you can)...
STOP AND CLICK HERE FOR GENERAL LOG IN.
option 1: SEARCHING FOR FILES - NOT WORKING ON THEM
- If you just need to search for files and not WORK on any files in Meridian, please use FIT to access the files in Meridian Explorer.
- To view files in Meridian Explorer, see these instructions.
option 2: WORKING ON FILES IN MERIDIAN
- Log into one of the PDC Rendering machines using remote desktop connection.
- Use your MSU Net ID (campusad) credentials to log in.
If someone is already using one of the rendering machines, try the other. You will be warned upon logging in if this is the case.
- An error will come up that says Unable to connect to server on computer ‘IPF-PDC-D-RENDX’. Class not registered. Click OK.
- In the Server: field, copy and paste: IPF-MSPROD01.CAMPUSAD.MSU.EDU
- Then hit enter on your keyboard
- If you are opening the operational vault for the first time, you will need to select a Scope.
- You will want to right click on the Meridian icon and 'pin to taskbar' or 'pin to start menu'.
- Change your default PDF (either Foxit or Adobe) and TIF viewers.
- Set Meridian to open to the last place you were in the system for ease of use.
Please remember for the time being, there are only 2 of these rendering machines available. Please do your work quickly and then SIGN OUT so others can use them. We are working on a permanent solution and will let you all know when it is available.