Overview of Facilities Information Services Accounts
This article will give you a basic understanding of the FIS Services Account. It will cover the types of secured information that is available, how to get access and will contain links to other articles detailing how to access different types of secured information. Access to the FIS Suite of tools and information are available to authorized MSU staff, faculty and business partners.
IPF employees vs Non-IPF Employees
IPF employees are automatically granted access to the FIS suite of tools and applications. If you are an MSU employee, but are not an IPF employee and you have a business need for access to the Facilities Information we maintain, please submit a secured access request
Facilities Information Services maintains and/or makes available a wide range of information about MSU's facilities that is not publicly available. Accessing this information requires applying for, and being granted permissions via your MSU Net ID. Depending on what your requirements are, you may be able to access to the following:
- Floor plans (pdf, dwg, dwf and map enabled)
- As-built drawings
- Operation and maintenance manuals
- Shop drawings
- Project documents
- Asset information
- Underground utilities
- Online maps
- Mobile device maps
- Project documentation including as-builts and other project related documents
- Capital Construction
- Bid Sets
- Submittals including shop drawings, operation and maintenance manuals and more
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Initiative (SWPPI) Maps and information
- Well Head Protection Plan (WHPP) Information
- Detailed plant maps and botanical database information
- Asset Maps
The listing above is not wholly inclusive but you can see there is quite a bit of information that Facilities Information Services maintains that cannot be made publicly available.
If you would like access to the FIS suite of tools, you need to submit a ticket to request secured access
. The process can take 1-3 weeks to complete.
- Once you submit the form, you can expect to receive an email from us confirming that we've received your request. We will then contact your manager/supervisor and the MSU Police for approval. The MSU police will contact you about your request.
- Once your manager and DPPS approve your request, we will submit an eARM to IT Services. They have an approval process that routes through leadership at IPF and then they assign a ticket to someone in Access Management to complete the work.
- Once the FIS permissions have been assigned to your MSU Net ID, you will be notified via email through the original ticket request.
If you need help with any of our applications or services, please submit a support ticket
. You can also search our Knowledge Base
for information related to your problem.