If you have used spark in the past and find that the username, password and server fields are disabled and greyed out, you need to delete the spark.properties file in your roaming profile
- Close and completely exit Spark (use the Windows Task Manager -> Processes tab to verify there are no spark.exe processes running)
CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to quickly access the Windows Task Manager
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to
- Delete the spark.properties file
- Restart Spark
- Enter your computer login name in the username field. You do not need to prefix with ‘pplant\’ or suffix with your email address (i.e. ‘email@example.com’)
- Enter your computer login password in the password field.
- In the server field, enter ‘fis.ipf.msu.edu’
- Hit the ‘Login’ link at the bottom right.
You should now be logged into the IPF instant messaging service. If you still are having problems, please submit a ticket
and we'll help you as soon as possible.