Meridian Upgrade Alert – advanced notice to MSU Construction Standard Stewards
If you are an EDITOR in the current Construction Standards ‘Work Areas’ in Meridian. On March 2, 2018, Meridian will be upgraded to the 2017S1 version and when that happens, ‘Work Areas’ will no longer be available. The current ‘Work Area’ functionality is no longer supported and will be replaced with what is called ‘Work In Progress (WIP) Folders’. Because of this substantial change to the system, you will need to release any changes and then release the files back into the Main Area before the upgrade so you don’t lose any of your work.
There will be a more detailed notice of all the changes coming soon as well as training sessions for EDITORS on how to use the new ‘WIP Folders’ in Meridian. In the meantime, please RELEASE QUICK CHANGES and RELEASE TO MAIN AREA!
What do I need to know/do???
- Meridian ‘Work Areas' are going to be replaced with ‘WIP Folders’. You will need to get your files back into the Main Area before we upgrade on March 2nd.
- Since you are a user with permissions to edit Construction Standards, please make sure all of your changes have been released and the files are ‘released to the main area’ by February 28th, 2018.
- To view the list of files you have in a change status, open the work areas you have permissions to and select the [~My to-do list] Nav view.
- To view the list of all files assigned to the work area, open the work area and select the ‘All Documents in Work Area’ Nav view.
- If you are a student employee, please notify the full time employee that should be releasing your files back into the Main Area when you have finished.
These changes WILL NOT affect the way the MSU staff and vendors access the construction standards in Meridian and on the IPF webpage.
If you need assistance or have any questions please contact the FIS support line at 517-353-3434 or submit a ticket
on the FIS support Portal