Follow these instructions to set your default printing preferences for the new HP plotter. Then, when you select IPF-PDC-P-I103 from the printer list to print a drawing, it will default to the drawing size you want instead of letter (8.5x11) size.
1. Using Cortana, search for Printers & Scanners.
2. Open Printers & Scanners.
3. Scroll down until you find IPF-PDC-P-I103 on PPS-PRINTSRV.pplant.msu.edu in the list.
4. Select IPF-PDC-P-I103 on PPS-PRINTSRV.pplant.msu.edu
5. Click Manage
6. Click on Printing Preferences
7. In the Paper Quality tab, select the Document Size you want as your default.
8. To get the architectural sized options, click more
from the paper size list and scroll down.*Reference the Paper size Chart if you are unsure of the letter to inches conversion.
9. In the Layout/Output tab, select the Resizing option and Orientation you want as your default.
10. When you finished setting up your default printing preferences, click Apply
, then click OK.
Optional Custom Named Sizes:
You can create custom named printing preference if you want to to have more familiar options in your list when printing. Repeat this for all custom print options you want to have.
- Select Custom in the Paper/Quality tab - Paper Options
- Name the option
- Click Save
- Click OK
- Remember to set all the correct options in the printing preferences tabs for custom print options.